Wednesday 5 March 2014

Descriptive writing

I slowly stepped away from the window and turned my attention to the door. I put my sweaty hand on the rusty door and slowly turned the handle. The hinges squeaked as I pushed it open and peaked through the door. A very old lamp was hanging over some sheets. I pulled them off. Just some old furniture. Cobwebs covered the entrances to different rooms  in the house. Then I looked up the windy staircase.

As I slowly walked up the creepy old stairway I looked around. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls. Suddenly I heard a rattling sound coming from the old pipes. A rat came out of a little hole in the staircase and...

By Riley


1 comment:

  1. Have just read the beginning of your story Riley. Some great descriptive language used. I look forward to reading the end of your story.
    Mr Tai

    ReplyDelete